Wednesday, October 17, 2007

There is No Place Like Home

Well first of my name is Lori Rangel and where I grew up and still live at is in the central part of San Antonio, Texas about five minutes away from down town. My neighborhood is a low-income neighborhood where the government helps you its called S.A.H.A it stands for San Antonio Housing Authority. My neighbor is called project or courts. They look like any other apartments just regular two story complexes connected together and some are by themselves. To be honest they look better them some apartments. It’s not a peaceful place you always see kids running around the streets. Mostly all the family that lives there has three or more children. My neighborhood is not a gated neighborhood or private. Where I live in is a one story complex it’s a three bedroom and has AC. People think when they say courts it’s a dangerous place to live. The first thing that comes up to their mind is gangs and shooting. Well my neighborhood is not like that. Yea you see some gangs but everywhere you go there is going to be a gang. Well they only thing is that you always see people walking around and mostly everyone is friendly. Every day I would see a group of kids going to the basketball court to hoop. When I was little I would do that every day after I came from school the some of the kids well come out and play ball or tag. It’s a lot different when you see little kids doing that it brings me memory. The only different is we can’t afford a regular house or apartment. We pay less because we don’t make average income. Mostly every one that lives there is on Medicaid or has the lone star card, but other than that we are like everyone else. So where I live it’s not a bad place to live, but there is always going to be someone making a big deal because that what shows in the movie.

No comments: